NY STATE SOLAR Job Opportunity – Marketing Associate
- Hicksville, NY
- Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Job Title: Digital Marketing Associate
NY State Solar
Hicksville, N.Y. 11801
NY State Solar is an innovative, local solar company passionate about helping homeowners make the important decision to go solar. As the #1 purveyors of solar energy for the NY-Sun ON Bill Recovery Program on Long Island, we believe in empowering our local communities to take control of our energy future.
Extensive knowledge of digital marketing channels and communications strategies, marketing development and deployment, campaigns and project management.
The Marketing Associate will drive the Company’s brand awareness through online initiatives including campaigns, social media, digital marketing channels, marketing development and deployment.
We are looking for committed individuals with the capacity to be both a team-player and self-starter. As a marketing associate you will be one of the key players in making sure the website and social media side of the business run smoothly.
We have an excellent work culture & benefits for our employees at NY State Solar.
- Paid time off
- Excellent Medical benefits, vision, dental, 401(k) and FSA for interested individuals
- Monthly catered meals
- Company trips
- Growth potential for committed individuals
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Manage the marketing communications initiatives: company website, social media, company blog, newsletters
- Develop email marketing campaigns, landing pages, and lead generation forms, generating monthly reports on our campaigns’ performance
- Manage art and copywriting professionals, oversee the design and production of marketing collateral working with agencies of record (brochures, case studies, data sheets, graphics, company presentations, banner stands, event flyers, etc. in conjunction with Sales/Sales Marketing team.)
- Manage social media calendar: culling daily industry and related news, you’re responsible for driving online brand across all Company platforms from LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook
- Assist with Public Relations efforts: assist with initial draft press releases, research B2B solar industry bloggers and other influencers.
- Craft and own online advertising efforts: develop content, customer segmentation, account based marketing and retargeting, and analyze results for ROI
- Professional vendor management ability: Work with PR, Graphic Design and Video Production agencies, monitor progress, consistently tracking areas for improvement
- Manage marketing documents, collateral and promotional items
- Create promotional graphics around events, sponsorships and campaigns
- Develop a website traffic plan and create goals and benchmarks to meet, including ongoing SEO fine tuning and optimization required
- Stay on top of daily solar and community news within targeted social strategy
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- At least 3 years of experience in marketing capacity
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business Administration or related field
- Solid understanding of online and print media
- Strong multi-cultural and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable understanding of graphic design principles and experience with graphics programs (Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, or other off the shelf design and editing program)
- Strong copywriting skills for both formal corporate and social platforms
- Highly motivated self-starter, results-oriented team player used to agile, fast-paced organizations
Here are some preferred experiences:
- Understanding of project management
- Experience in Solar or Renewable Energy Industries
- Knowledge of video editing programs (Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro) desired
- Passion for solar energy, renewables, and sustainability is desired
- Knowledge of office software/G Suites and basic graphics packages required, experience with web/WordPress CMS is a plus
If the description above suits you, please apply with your resume and current contact information.
Thank you for reading, we hope you have a sunny day!
NY State Solar is an equal opportunity employer. NY State Solar conducts background and reference checks on all applicants prior to beginning employment. All offers are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background and reference check.