Solar Site Surveyor
- Hicksville, NY
NY State Solar
Learn about the important industry of renewable energy while meeting your earning goals!
NY State Solar
We are seeking to expand our design team for our Hicksville office and are in need of a full-time professional site surveyor for the preparation of photo-voltaic projects. The ideal candidate will be motivated to complete the job, work well outdoors, feel comfortable working on a roof, dedicated to clean energy, professional and have excellent communication skills.
NY State Solar provides an exciting, diverse work culture with a family-type environment. This position is eligible for:
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, bereavement, etc.)
- Paid training from Day 1
- Company trips
- Growth potential for committed individuals
- Company vehicle provided
- Greet customers and explain the site survey to them
- Measure/plot roof on provided survey forms
- Utilize Solmetric’s Suneye product to measure shading across the customers roof
- Measure roof planes, azimuths and pitches
- Assess roof conditions
- Work closely with the operations team, designers, and under the Operations Manager
- Typical schedule is 7am-3pm but will vary depending on weather conditions
Qualified candidates for this position must have:
- Minimum 1 year of experience working as a Solar Site Surveyor or Rooftop Solar installer
- Installation experience is not necessary but is a plus!
- Must be comfortable with being on top of roofs with pitched surfaces for extended periods of time
- Cannot have a fear of heights
- Ability to lift 50-70 pounds
- Must be able to work unsupervised for extended periods of time
- Have minor computer skills such as email and copy
- Needs experience with a smart phone
- Ability to work in extreme weather (hot and sunny as well as colder temperatures)
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs
- Driver’s license required
- OSHA 10 required
Thank you for reading, we hope you have a sunny day!
NY State Solar is an equal opportunity employer. NY State Solar conducts background and reference checks on all applicants prior to beginning employment. All offers are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background and reference check.
Apply using the form below today!