Five Reasons to Work For NY State Solar
NY State Solar was founded on the principle mission to facilitate New York State’s NY-Sun on-bill recovery program.
We recognized the historic opportunity for New York residents to leverage their tax dollars to save money and help our state’s clean energy future.
There are many reasons to jump into the solar industry, but here’s why we believe we’re an awesome company to work for ?
- Exciting Work Environment: Solar is an exciting industry to work in. In fact, clean energy jobs are helping to build a new American clean economy. We took that into account when we opened in 2015. From our in-house ping pong tables and Super Nintendo to company trips to Jamaica and the Dominican Republic, we believe that an exciting workplace is vital to a healthy organization.
- Your Voice Matters: As New York’s premiere solar company, we believe in respecting not just our communities but our employees. Our employees are family, and family matters. If you have a concern, feedback, or want to make a contribution beyond your job title, we embrace all feedback. We are rooted in community engagement and promote productive growth that works for all parties – not just the hard-nosed bottom-line.
- Growth: We are a growing company of entrepreneurs, designers, operators, collaborators, thinkers, and, most importantly – human beings. We all strive to grow and learn more not just about ourselves, but about the work we dedicate our lives to. That’s why always look to grow from within. Your performance will predicate your growth in the company before all else.
- Flexibility: We get it – Working on a Sunday when the big game is on can be a bummer. Although we are open seven days a week, our dynamic schedule allows for you to optimize your life.
- Meaningful Work: Every human being contributes to a larger cause – but few jobs are as hands-on in making a positive contribution to the world as working in the solar industry. When you work for NY State Solar, you help homeowners access a program intended to benefit them – no complicated leases or traps. Beyond monetary savings, the average solar installation will contribute the same environmental benefit as planting 50 trees per year. With as many solar systems as we install, your life’s work will be felt for generations – leaving New York more clean and sustainable than we found it.
We are always looking to bring in new family members. If you think you’re a good fit to join our organization, join us this Thursday, Oct. 18, at 6:30 P.M. at 2545 Hempstead Turnpike (Suite 400) in East Meadow, NY for our Solar Career Expo.